The benefits of social & emotional learning (SEL) cannot be denied. In fact, studies have shown that students who have SEL as part of their curriculum are higher achieving and have more positive relationships with the adults in their lives as well as their peers. This course is designed for educators, social workers, health professionals, and/or anyone else interested in integrating Social and Emotional Learning and secular mindfulness in their individual workplace or classroom environments.
Over the course of 8 online sessions, participants will garner the skills and knowledge needed to successfully implement Mindfulness Without Borders’ evidence-based curriculum, The Mindfulness Ambassadors Program. Learners are eligible to receive a Mindfulness Ambassador Program Facilitator Certification upon successful completion and are then allowed to use this curriculum with the communities you serve. All course components, attendance, and participation are mandatory in each of the 8 online sessions.
- 12 lesson plans based on social-emotional intelligence and secular mindfulness practices to work with emotions, manage stress and strengthen well-being
- Diverse facilitation skills based on the art and practice of council to catalyze key program discussions and connections
- Facilitation strategies to lead lesson plans, assignments, and mindfulness practices to individuals, small and/or large group settings
- Instructions and facilitation strategies to troubleshoot challenges that may emerge
- Instructions and mentoring support for practical delivery of lesson plans
- Access to program evaluations, partnership development strategies and ongoing mentorship from MWB Faculty
Dates & Times
Tuesdays, 6-7:30 pm EST, January 22nd – March 11th, 2020
- Session 1, Jan 22nd: About MWB and The Mindfulness Ambassador Program (MAP)
- Session 2, Jan 29th: About Secular Mindfulness and MAP pillars
- Session 3, Feb 5th: About Social and Emotional Learning Theories
- Session 4, Feb 12th: Core Protocols & Facilitation Practicum
- Session 5, Feb 19th: Group Techniques & Facilitation Practicum
- Session 6, Feb 26th: Research & Facilitation Practicum
- Session 7, March 4th: Course Review & Facilitation Practicum
- Session 8, March 11th: Facilitation Practicum Review and Next Steps
Registrants must attend all in-class sessions to complete the course. If you miss any of the scheduled dates, you will need to re-register into the course at a later date.
Duration: 21 hours
Skill Level: All levels, personal mindfulness practice required
Accreditation: Yes, once all the requirements have been completed
- Participants are expected to complete all online sessions.
- Participants are expected to complete 10 hours of home assignments throughout the course
- Participants are required to facilitate four practice groups, between Feb 12 and March 11th and an additional 2 groups to be Facilitated upon completion of the course
- Participants will be mailed course materials prior to the course start date
"What I wholeheartedly loved is that both instructors always made the workshop so warm, comfortable, and most importantly, safe. At times I would feel that I am saying the wrong things or not being articulate. Never have they made me or anyone from the group feel different. Thank you to both!" - Anonymous Facilitator Certification Participant