DATES & CONTENT
- Session One (March 24th): About MWB, Secular Mindfulness & The Mindfulness Ambassador Program
- Session Two (March 31st): About Social & Emotional Learning (SEL) & Council Techniques
- Session Three (April 7th): Anti Oppression is a practice" module with Jamilah Malika
- Session Four(April 14th): Understanding Core Protocols
- Session Five (April 21st): Facilitation Techniques & Practicum Overview
- Session Six (April 28th): Session Template & Navigating Challenges
- Session Seven (May 5th): Logic Model, Curriculum Synopsis, MAP Research & Outcomes
- Session Eight (May 12th): Listening & Sharing As A Facilitator, Leading Mindfulness Practices
- Session Nine (May 19th): Implementation, Partnership Development & Moving Forward
LOCATION & TIMES
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EST
To join the session: You’ll receive an email from your course instructor with a
zoom link and password approximately one week prior to the course start date.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
This 8-session online facilitator certification program is designed exclusively for grade 8–12 educators, social workers, health professionals, coaches and corporate wellness managers who want to teach and scale emotional intelligence and mindfulness into their workplace settings. The Mindfulness Ambassador Program (MAP) has many different applications, including in one-on-one therapeutic sessions, college and university courses, secondary school classrooms and wellness programs. After the successful completion of this certification, online upgrades are available for The MAP–Interactive for alternative learning styles as well as The Mindful@Work program tailored for specifically for corporate wellness first responders and retirement homes.
Attendance: Mandatory for all sessions
Duration: 21 hours
Skill Level: All levels. Personal meditation practice required
Assignments: 10 hours
Materials: Online learning materials will be provided
Practicum: Mandatory Facilitation of 6 sessions with a minimum of 8 people. Participants have one year to complete their practicum requirements.
Certification: Yes, after the successful completion of the practicum and all course assignments.
Payment Plans: Click here to apply for our BIPOC and LGBTQ+ sliding payment and scholarship options.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Facilitation skills and strategies to lead 12 evidence-based session plans and practices rooted in mindfulness and social & emotional learning (SEL).
- Facilitation strategies to conduct age-appropriate discussions that build social and emotional competencies.
- Strategies to create a shared learning environment, catalyze key program discussions and strengthen peer connections.
- Deepen personal mindfulness practise as well as learn the techniques necessary to lead others.
- Acquire present moment tools to better manage challenging emotions, stress and anxiety as well as develop the skills to share and apply them with others.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- One Facilitator Training Manual with instructions and strategies to effectively lead the Mindfulness Ambassador Program to your audience.
- One Mindfulness Ambassador Program Participant Workbook complete with 12 evidence-based session plans and take away practices.
- Eight Practicum Workbooks for facilitating six practice sessions in your community.
- Individual instruction and mentoring support for program delivery.
- Access to program evaluations, partnership development documents, marketing materials and resources for future learning.
As a graduate of the facilitator certification training and an educator/coach, I feel that I have all the resources I need to successfully lead the Mindfulness Ambassador Program to youth ages 14 & up. Personally, I'm applying the course content and benefiting from a regular mindfulness practise and am reassured that I have the back up support from the MWB team should I need
– S. Lousada, UK
"What I wholeheartedly loved is that both instructors always made the workshop so warm, comfortable, and most importantly, safe. At times I would feel that I am saying the wrong things or not being articulate. Never have they made me or anyone from the group feel different. Thank you to both!" - Facilitator Certification Participant
"As a recent graduate of MWB's online facilitator certification program, I can highly recommend this training to anyone that may be interested in facilitating an evidence-based SEL and mindfulness program. Theo Koffler and Leah Gardiner were amazing trainers who expertly modeled the facilitation skills and content with compassionate values during each session. As an educator working with college students on enhancing their social, emotional and ethical learning, this training was an ideal match. Thank you!"
Ron Patterson, Program Coordinator - Nova Scotia Community College
"The MWB Facilitator Training has been a beautiful, life-changing experience. I highly recommend it." - A. Reid, Charlotte, NC