mindful 365 a self-guided course
Ideal for anyone who wants to listen and learn at their own pace from the comfort of home. This 5-session course is a compelling introduction to the practices of mindfulness and meditation, as well as the foundations of social and emotional learning (SEL). Participants will learn the basic principles and practices that they can easily integrate into their daily lives. Rich with stories, teachings and resources, the series is designed for everyone—from beginners to those with prior meditation experience.
When you take this course, you’ll have ongoing access to five prerecorded video sessions, with key points on each topic, articles, podcasts and meditation recordings for home study. You’ll also gain insight into developing a daily mindfulness practice and have the option to communicate with our mindfulness experts, who can answer your questions. When you finish the last session of the course, you’ll receive a Certificate of Completion.
Online and in the comfort of your own setting.
Once you register, you'll receive a detailed email with all the instructions you'll need for your learning journey.
Skill Level: For beginners or those with prior meditation experience.
Instructor: Ronit Jinich
Materials: Pre-recorded videos, articles, home study assignments and meditation practices will be provided.
Duration: Each session is approximately 40 minutes.
Certification: Yes, a Certificate of Completion. This is not a mindfulness teacher certification.
Refund Policy: We stand behind our work and guarantee your satisfaction with your purchase. If you're not 100% satisfied, simply email our Executive Director within 10 day of your registration and describe the reason for the course cancellation. We will give you a full refund.
- 5 video recordings (approx. 40 minutes each)
- Key points highlighted in each video
- 7 meditation practices
- Access to meditation recordings & printable instructions
- Daily Mindfulness Practice Trackers
- Reflective prompts
- Home study assignments
- Interesting articles
- Recommended reading list
- Certificate of Completion (Please note this course will not certify you to be a mindfulness educator.)
SESSION TOPICS & PRACTICES
- Session 1: Mindfulness Basics & Foundations of SEL – featuring Time to Breathe
- Session 2: Mindful Listening – featuring Mindful Listening practice
- Session 3: Mindfulness of the Body – featuring Body Scan practice
- Session 4: Mindful of Emotions – featuring Heartfulness practice
Session 5: Nurturing Compassion – featuring Loving Kindness practice
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Role of social and emotional intelligence in developing healthy communication skills.
- Mindfulness-based principles you can use in your personal and professional life.
- 7 mindfulness practices that can easily be infused in daily life.
- Ways to heighten your mindfulness practice by using customized daily trackers
- Methods to develop your ability to live in the present moment by identifying and breaking out of habitual actions.
- Strategies to enhance your self-awareness of emotion regulation and prosocial behaviour.
- Skills to make the right choices for your mental health, self-care and overall well-being
- 5 integration strategies to help you apply your newly learned skills and attitudes in daily life.
- A new way of relating to the present moment by strengthening attention and compassionate understanding.
WHAT YOU'LL REQUIRE
- Comfortable location in your home or workspace.
- Computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Stable internet connection.
- Journal or paper for note-taking.
- MWB-provided PDFs to complement your learning experience.
- No prior experience of mindfulness.
Mindfulness Basics Mini Series | February 2021
DATES & TOPICS
Thursday, February 18: Listening Inside & Out: Noticing and connecting to the moment with acceptance.
Thursday, February 25: Cultivating Gratitude: Unlocking an essential ingredient for happiness and wellbeing.
TIME & LOCATION
ZOOM - Rain or shine, see you online.
To join the session: You'll receive an email the day before with a password.
Duration: Three - 40 minute sessions
Skill Level: Open to anyone interested in starting a mindfulness practice
Facilitator: Ronit Jinich
We know that you are pushed to your limits and need time for self-care. Join us online for three interactive webinars and let our skilled facilitators guide you through meditation practices and conversations with your overall wellness in mind. Within 40 minutes, you’ll develop a deeper understanding of mindfulness, experience a mindfulness meditation, and explore tools to help you navigate daily life.
- Develop a personal mindfulness practice.
- Experience firsthand six guided mindfulness meditations.
- Explore mindfulness and its benefits.
- Discover ten present moment tools to help manage your daily routine.
"Thank you for hosting a day filled with connection, compassion and self care. I'm moving forward into my week with a gentle ease for myself and those around me"- Participant, Toronto Canada
Facilitator Certification Online | March 2021
DATES & CONTENT
- Intro Session March 24th
- Session One - March 31st: About MWB, Secular Mindfulness & The Mindfulness Ambassador Program Learning Theory (MAP)
- Session Two - April 7th: About Social & Emotional Learning (SEL) & Council Techniques
- Session Three - April 14th: Understanding Core Protocols
- Session Four - April 21st: Facilitation Techniques & Practicum Overview
- Session Five - April 28th: Session Template & Navigating Challenges
- Session Six - May 5th: Logic Model, Curriculum Synopsis, MAP Research & Outcomes
- Session Seven - May 12th: Listening & Sharing As A Facilitator & Leading Mindfulness Practices
- Session Eight - May 19th: Implementation, Partnership Development & Moving Forward
LOCATION & TIMES
To join the session: You'll receive communications 2 weeks before the start date.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
This 8-session online certification is designed for Grades 8-12 educators, social workers, health professionals, coaches, and corporate wellness managers interested in integrating our evidence-based Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and secular mindfulness program in their workplace. The Mindfulness Ambassador Program (The MAP) has a number of different applications including in the classroom, one-on-one therapeutic sessions, college and university courses, and corporate wellness programs. After the successful completion of this certification, online upgrades are available for The MAP–Interactive for alternative learning styles as well as The Mindful@Work program tailored for specifically for corporate wellness first responders and retirement homes.
Attendance: Mandatory for all sessions
Duration: 21 hours
Skill Level: All levels, personal meditation practice required
Assignments: 10 hours
Materials: Online facilitation materials will be provided
Practicum: Mandatory facilitation of 6 program sessions to a group of 8 people (minimum). Practicum will be Facilitated starting the week of April 21st for 6 consecutive weeks.
Certification: Yes, after the successful completion of the practicum and all course assignments.
Payment Plans: Click here to apply for our BIPOC and LGBTQ+ sliding payment and scholarship options.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Facilitation skills and strategies to lead 12 evidence-based session plans and practices rooted in mindfulness and social & emotional learning (SEL).
- Facilitation strategies to conduct age-appropriate discussions that build social and emotional competencies.
- Strategies to create a shared learning environment, catalyze key program discussions and strengthen peer connections.
- Deepen personal mindfulness practise as well as learn the techniques necessary to lead others.
- Acquire present moment tools to better manage challenging emotions, stress and anxiety as well as develop the skills to share and apply them with others.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- One Facilitator Training Manual with instructions and strategies to effectively lead the Mindfulness Ambassador Program to your audience.
- One Mindfulness Ambassador Program Participant Workbook complete with 12 evidence-based session plans and take away practices.
- Eight Practicum Workbooks for facilitating six practice sessions in your community.
- Individual instruction and mentoring support for program delivery.
- Access to program evaluations, partnership development documents, marketing materials and resources for future learning.
As a graduate of the facilitator certification training and an educator/coach, I feel that I have all the resources I need to successfully lead the Mindfulness Ambassador Program to youth ages 14 & up. Personally, I'm applying the course content and benefiting from a regular mindfulness practise and am reassured that I have the back up support from the MWB team should I need
– S. Lousada, UK
"What I wholeheartedly loved is that both instructors always made the workshop so warm, comfortable, and most importantly, safe. At times I would feel that I am saying the wrong things or not being articulate. Never have they made me or anyone from the group feel different. Thank you to both!" - Facilitator Certification Participant
"As a recent graduate of MWB's online facilitator certification program, I can highly recommend this training to anyone that may be interested in facilitating an evidence-based SEL and mindfulness program. Theo Koffler and Leah Gardiner were amazing trainers who expertly modeled the facilitation skills and content with compassionate values during each session. As an educator working with college students on enhancing their social, emotional and ethical learning, this training was an ideal match. Thank you!"
Ron Patterson, Program Coordinator - Nova Scotia Community College
"The MWB Facilitator Training has been a beautiful, life-changing experience. I highly recommend it." - A. Reid, Charlotte, NC