Mindfulness Without Borders / THE RETHINK KiT, as well as all our Affiliates, shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (a) any errors in or omissions from our Website or Services, (b) any product liability issues to the extent that we are not involved with the manufacturer of the product(s) giving rise to liability, (c) the unavailability or interruption of our Website or Services, (d) your use of our Website our Content, (e) the content contained on our Website or Services, or (f) any delay or failure in performance of our Website and Services beyond our control.
In no event will Mindfulness Without Borders / THE RETHiNK KIT or its directors, employees or agents be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including for any lost profits, lost data, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, arising from your use of our website, content, services, or any related software, accessed through or downloaded from our website or services, even if Mindfulness Without Borders / THE RETHiNK KIT is aware or has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Mindfulness Without Borders’/ THE RETHINK KiT’S liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to us for website and/or services access during the previous month of your membership prior to the event giving rise to liability.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU We may collect and process the following information about you: • Personal information including, for example, your name, e-mail address, telephone, information about your usage of the Products and information collected by tracking technologies as further described below that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
• For individuals who participate in a Mindfulness Without Borders / THE RETHiNK KIT plan, we store your information for the sole purpose of sending invitations and any promotional materials.
• Mindfulness Without Borders/RETHINK KIT does not collect and store “Payment Card” information.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies: - “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
LOG FILES track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
WEB BEACONS, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to: - Communicate with you; - Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and - When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
2. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY: The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Without exception, we do not provide your personal information to any third party without your specific consent, as defined by applicable law.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
3. NEWSLETTERS OR OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS: If you sign up to receive promotional materials from us via email we will use the information you give us to provide the communications you have requested. If you inform us that you wish to cancel email promotional materials by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of such communication or by emailing us at email@example.com, we will remove you from our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may turn them off at the device level.
BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING: As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below: - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads - Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous - Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
4. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES Mindfulness Without Borders/RETHINK KIT and our analytics partners use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to enable a service to recognize your device so you don't have to provide the same information several times during one task, recognize that you may have already given a password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested, and to measure how people are using the Products.
We use local storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Products also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
We partner with third parties, such as, but not limited to, Facebook and Google, to manage our advertising of the Products on other sites or platforms as well as across your other devices based on your past visits to our website. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities within the Product to deliver such advertising to you, such as retargeting ads. We will acquire consent from you in order to use such trackers for advertising purposes to the extent required by applicable law. We currently do not respond to do-not-track signals.
For more information about interest-based ads, including how to opt-out of having your web browsing information used for behavioural advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads on these third-party platforms. You may also opt-out of receiving ads across devices by adjusting your ad preference in your Google account.
We use third-party trackers to let us know when users have visited the Products by “clicking-through” our sponsored advertising or content hosted on third-party platforms. Products use Google Analytics code to gather statistical information. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Products and the volumes of usage of the Products. This is done to ensure that the Products are available when you want them and are fast. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit www.google.com/analytics.
DO NOT TRACK: Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
YOUR RIGHTS: If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
DATA RETENTION: When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
MOBILE ANALYTICS: We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone and other compatible devices. This software may record information such as how often you engage with the Product, the events that occur within the Products, aggregated usage and performance data, and where the Applications were downloaded from. We may link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
LOG FILES: As true of most websites, we gather certain information and automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. If you receive the HTML-formatted version of our email newsletter, your opening of the newsletter is notified to us and saved. Your clicks on links in the newsletter are also saved. These and the open statistics are used in aggregate form to give us an indication of the popularity of the content and to help us make decisions about future content and formatting.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION All information you provide to us through the Products is stored on our third party (‘Shopify’) secured server. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology; all payment information is stored with our payment processor and is never stored on Mindfulness Without Borders’ / THE RETHINK KIT’s servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Products, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and suggest that your change your password frequently. The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Products; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
CONTACT US: For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
MINDFULNESS WITHOUT BORDERS: [Re: Privacy Compliance Officer] 1 Benvenuto Place, 501, Toronto ON M4V 2L1, Canada