DATES & TIMES
- Thursday, July 9th, 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm EST (Introductory Session)
- Monday, July 13th 2020, 10:00 am - 4:30pm
- Monday, July 20th 2020, 10:00 am - 4:30pm
- Monday, July 27th 2020, 10:00 am - 4:30pm
Downtown Toronto, exact location to be confirmed
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
This 21-hour certification is designed for Grades 8-12 educators, social workers, psychotherapists, coaches, parents and any individual interested in integrating an evidence-based Social and Emotional Learning and secular mindfulness program in their work and/or a personal setting, supporting young adults or those individuals exploring mindfulness for the first time. The Mindfulness Ambassador program does not have a cookie-cutter delivery and is currently in use in high school settings, one on one therapeutic spaces, with college and university learners, retirement homes and various group settings.
Attendance: Mandatory for all in-class and online sessions
Duration: 21 hours
Skill Level: All levels, personal meditation practice required
Assignments: 10 hours
Practicum: Mandatory facilitation of 6 program sessions to a group of 8 people.
Certification: Yes, after the successful completion of the practicum and all course assignments.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- ☆ Facilitation skills and strategies to lead 12 evidence-based session plans and practices rooted in mindfulness and social & emotional learning (SEL).
- ☆ Facilitation strategies to conduct age-appropriate discussions that build social and emotional competencies.
- ☆ Strategies to create a shared learning environment, catalyze key program discussions and strengthen peer connections.
- ☆ Develop and deepen a personal mindfulness practice as well as learn the techniques necessary to lead others.
- ☆ Acquire present moment tools to better manage challenging emotions, stress and anxiety as well as develop the skills to share and apply them with others.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- ☆ One Facilitator Training Manual with instructions and strategies to effectively lead the Mindfulness Ambassador Program to your audience.
- ☆ One Mindfulness Ambassador Program Participant Workbook complete with 12 evidence-based session plans and take away practices.
- ☆ Eight Practicum Workbooks for facilitating six practice sessions in your community.
- ☆ Individual instruction and mentoring support on program delivery.
- ☆ Access to program evaluations, partnership development documents, marketing materials and resources for future learning.
Fantastic instructors...so open and kind. Both have so much knowledge that they share with such grace and humility. Absolutely enriching experience! – Participant, School of Continuing Education, University of Toronto, Nov.’19
The most positive (actually, truly awesome) aspects of the course were the teachers. I have never witnessed before what Maslow describes as "eupsychian leadership". After participating in "Mindfulness Without Borders Facilitator Training" I know that it is not only theoretical possibility. This is reality, and both Leah and Moustafa (facilitators) represent "a victorious army, they are revolutionizing society; they are preparing the new world; they are constructing eupsychia. – Participant, School of Continuing Education, University of Toronto, Nov.’19
I really enjoyed the course structure as it gave me something to look forward to and allowed space for the teachings from the first weekend to be reflected on. Great experience, thank you! – Participant, School of Continuing Education, University of Toronto, Nov.’19