This Mindful@Work certification is designed exclusively for first responders, police departments, health professionals, coaches and corporate wellness managers who want to facilitate and scale emotional intelligence and mindfulness into their workplace settings. The Mindful@Work program has many different applications, including in university and post-graduate settings, one-on-one therapeutic sessions and as part of Corporate Wellness Professional Development programs. Past partners include Western University’s Second-Year Law Program, York Regional Police Training & Development Department, Studio Y at MaRS Discovery District and Hamilton Health Sciences HR Department.
Cost: $725.00 CAD
Skill Level: All levels. Personal meditation practice required.
Duration: 21 hours
Home Assignments: 10 hours
Materials: Online learning materials will be provided.
Practicum: Mandatory facilitation of 6 sessions with a minimum of 8 people. Practicum requirements must be completed within one year of start date.
Certification: Yes, after the successful completion of the practicum and all course assignments.
Payment Plans: We offer sliding-scale payment and scholarship options, prioritizing individuals identifying as Black, Indigenous, Persons of Colour and/or LGBTQ2S+. We offer group rates for 2 or more! Please email our Executive Director for more information.
Refund Policy: We stand behind our work and guarantee your satisfaction with your purchase. If you're not 100% satisfied, simply email our Executive Director and describe the reason for the course cancellation. We will give you a full refund.
To Join the Session: You’ll receive an email from your course instructor with a Zoom link and password approximately one week prior to the course start date.
Location: Zoom. Rain or shine, see you online.
Session 1: TBD
Session 2: TBD
Session 3: TBD
Session 4: TBD
Session Topics & Practices
Session 1: About MWB, Secular Mindfulness & The Mindfulness Ambassador Program
Session 2: Core protocols, The Role of The Facilitator & Facilitation Techniques
Session 3: Logic Model, Curriculum Synopsis, MAP Research & Outcomes
Session 3: Implementation, Partnership Development & Practicum Overview
What you'll learn
- Facilitation skills and strategies to lead 8 evidence-based session plans and practices rooted in mindfulness and social emotional intelligence
- Facilitation strategies to effectively conduct program content and catalyze key discussions
- Strategies to create shared learning environments and build human connections
- Deepen your personal mindfulness practice and learn the techniques necessary to lead others
- Acquire present moment tools to better manage challenging emotions, stress, anxiety and develop the skills to apply them with individuals and group settings
What you'll receive
- Facilitator Training Manual with instructions and strategies to effectively facilitate the Mindful@Work Program to your audience
- Mindful@Work Participant Workbook, complete with 8 evidence-based session plans and Take Away Practices
- Individual instruction and mentoring support for program delivery
- Access to program evaluations, partnership development documents, marketing materials and resources