Dates & Times
Course Location TBD
Registrants must attend all in-class and online sessions to complete the course. If you miss any of the scheduled dates, you will need to re-register into the course at a later date
- Online Introductory Session, Wednesday, April 1, 6-8pm EST
- April 8th 2019, 10:00 am - 4:30pm
- April 15th 2019, 10:00 am - 4:30pm
- April 22nd 2019, 10:00 am - 4:30pm
Duration: 21 hours
Skill Level: All levels
Accreditation: Yes, once all the requirements have been completed
Instructors: Amber McAuley & Leah Gardiner
- Facilitation strategies to lead 12 evidence-based lesson plans, home assignments, and mindfulness practices.
- Present moment tools to better your ability to deal with difficult emotions, stress, and anxiety.
- Strategies to conduct age-appropriate discussions that help individuals build upon their inherent strengths, enhance social-emotional competence and foster a more compassionate understanding of the world that surrounds them.
- Strategies to both develop a personal mindfulness practice as well as the techniques necessary to lead others.
- Participants are required to complete a Facilitation practicum. Participants are expected to assemble groups of 8-12 participants to practice their MAP Facilitation skill sets for 6 sessions following the completion of the in course instruction.
"What I wholeheartedly loved is that both instructors always made the workshop so warm, comfortable, and most importantly, safe. At times I would feel that I am saying the wrong things or not being articulate. Never have they made me or anyone from the group feel different. Thank you to both!" - Anonymous Facilitator Certification Participant