DATES & CONTENT
- Intro Session March 24th
- Session One - March 31st: About MWB, Secular Mindfulness & The Mindfulness Ambassador Program Learning Theory (MAP)
- Session Two - April 7th: About Social & Emotional Learning (SEL) & Council Techniques
- Session Three - April 14th: Understanding Core Protocols
- Session Four - April 21st: Facilitation Techniques & Practicum Overview
- Session Five - April 28th: Session Template & Navigating Challenges
- Session Six - May 5th: Logic Model, Curriculum Synopsis, MAP Research & Outcomes
- Session Seven - May 12th: Listening & Sharing As A Facilitator & Leading Mindfulness Practices
- Session Eight - May 19th: Implementation, Partnership Development & Moving Forward
LOCATION & TIMES
To join the session: You'll receive communications 2 weeks before the start date.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
This 8-session online certification is designed for Grades 8-12 educators, social workers, health professionals, coaches, and corporate wellness managers interested in integrating our evidence-based Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and secular mindfulness program in their workplace. The Mindfulness Ambassador Program (The MAP) has a number of different applications including in the classroom, one-on-one therapeutic sessions, college and university courses, and corporate wellness programs. After the successful completion of this certification, online upgrades are available for The MAP–Interactive for alternative learning styles as well as The Mindful@Work program tailored for specifically for corporate wellness first responders and retirement homes.
Attendance: Mandatory for all sessions
Duration: 21 hours
Skill Level: All levels, personal meditation practice required
Assignments: 10 hours
Materials: Online facilitation materials will be provided
Practicum: Mandatory facilitation of 6 program sessions to a group of 8 people (minimum). Practicum will be Facilitated starting the week of April 21st for 6 consecutive weeks.
Certification: Yes, after the successful completion of the practicum and all course assignments.
Payment Plans: Click here to apply for our BIPOC and LGBTQ+ sliding payment and scholarship options.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Facilitation skills and strategies to lead 12 evidence-based session plans and practices rooted in mindfulness and social & emotional learning (SEL).
- Facilitation strategies to conduct age-appropriate discussions that build social and emotional competencies.
- Strategies to create a shared learning environment, catalyze key program discussions and strengthen peer connections.
- Deepen personal mindfulness practise as well as learn the techniques necessary to lead others.
- Acquire present moment tools to better manage challenging emotions, stress and anxiety as well as develop the skills to share and apply them with others.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- One Facilitator Training Manual with instructions and strategies to effectively lead the Mindfulness Ambassador Program to your audience.
- One Mindfulness Ambassador Program Participant Workbook complete with 12 evidence-based session plans and take away practices.
- Eight Practicum Workbooks for facilitating six practice sessions in your community.
- Individual instruction and mentoring support for program delivery.
- Access to program evaluations, partnership development documents, marketing materials and resources for future learning.
As a graduate of the facilitator certification training and an educator/coach, I feel that I have all the resources I need to successfully lead the Mindfulness Ambassador Program to youth ages 14 & up. Personally, I'm applying the course content and benefiting from a regular mindfulness practise and am reassured that I have the back up support from the MWB team should I need
– S. Lousada, UK
"What I wholeheartedly loved is that both instructors always made the workshop so warm, comfortable, and most importantly, safe. At times I would feel that I am saying the wrong things or not being articulate. Never have they made me or anyone from the group feel different. Thank you to both!" - Facilitator Certification Participant
"As a recent graduate of MWB's online facilitator certification program, I can highly recommend this training to anyone that may be interested in facilitating an evidence-based SEL and mindfulness program. Theo Koffler and Leah Gardiner were amazing trainers who expertly modeled the facilitation skills and content with compassionate values during each session. As an educator working with college students on enhancing their social, emotional and ethical learning, this training was an ideal match. Thank you!"
Ron Patterson, Program Coordinator - Nova Scotia Community College
"The MWB Facilitator Training has been a beautiful, life-changing experience. I highly recommend it." - A. Reid, Charlotte, NC